Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

There Be Dragons

Laziness.
Once again I started something I may end up doing half assed, not finishing or following through. This blog. Here I am, sitting in front of this screen typing again. Why have a blog if you're not going to post something everyday, or at least have that intention?

The link section, to the right (at least it was today, that might change) is titled "There Be Dragons". These are blogs or pages that have inspired, challenged, educated, or entertained me over the last few years. They all helped me discover my pathetic DLC status. All but one are authored or maintained by persons still anonymous to me. The writer I have met in person spent quite a few hours with me, musing, venting, and celebrating our misfit lives over good cigars, drinks, and food.

That is my preferred level of discourse about anything important, anything I really care about. In person, face to face, in the flesh, with all the uncomfortable risk or rewords it brings. Online, the internet, cyber-space, blogosphere, forums, comments.........devoid of facial reaction or eye contact.... I don't navigate or present myself very well, but here I am.

Back to the Dragons.

These are my red pills most days. If you only want to hang out where you're comfortable, in chambers echoing approval and agreement with all you hold dear, then don't go there.

How did I end up with this list? I think I found one blog way back when I read WND, which is no longer on my daily route. They became too much of "Republican conservatives good, Democrat liberals bad", over, and over again. Not really providing any new or useful information or inspiration.

Socially/politically/religiously I lean christian libertarian. The R's label me anarchist or communist when I disagree with them, the D's label me fascist fundamentalist. Whatever. I have little time for the shallow, surface rhetoric that we're spoon fed by corporate media, but apparently a majority of the people who vote and elect our governments do.

One of those blogs had a strongly similar (cl) bent, and became the hub of my blog and news reading when online. From there I found the others, except for a couple which were recommended word of mouth, in person. Now I plan on using this blog as my hub, and that's the most important reason for putting the links there.

This doesn't have much to do with fighting dishonesty, cowardice, or laziness, other than perhaps writing something that might provoke insults or trolling comments by someone, if anyone actually reads my posts. Oh the horror, what a brave little knight I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment