Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Confess and Vent here

I am a dishonest lazy coward.

Maybe not as much as I was yesterday, and hopefully less so tomorrow.

After turning 50 the awareness of my general dissatisfaction and disappointment with my life was very uncomfortable.  Everything seemed to be falling apart, and I had achieved nothing of note or value, and prospects for changing that looked dim.  This drove me to dive deep, painfully deep into a path of discovering and identifying why and how I got to this point.

In A Nutshell:  Dishonesty, cowardice, and laziness.  Those three things are at the core of my sin and the consequences reaped.

So, fighting against them, and changing to defeat them has become the only meaningful purpose in my life..... for now...that is what becoming a better person, a "real" man means to me,  being honest, brave, and diligent.  It is tough, and I fail constantly.

How about you?  Want to confess or vent your own struggle here?

I'm not sure what I expect, if anything, to come of this blog.  Maybe nothing.  I don't have a clue about how to monitor or maintain it.  Just taking a running start, jumping off the cliff, and embracing the impact......


No comments:

Post a Comment