Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

A Bitter, Insecure Artist

 I am much more picky now about how and who I share my art with.

 In my insecure weakness I resent the assumption that because I'm sharing it I am seeking their approval, advice or critique of it. I get enough of that from the cold, cruel, commercial media market. I don't need more. No, I'm trying to share something I care about with someone I care enough about and trust enough to include in that part of my life.

In my case it is music.  The music itself is worthy of much more than what I give it and reflects back the true results and value of my efforts, but the music is ever worthy.   Not me. Not the audience. Only the music is worthy.

 I have found that true friends rejoice with me and embrace my art with joy and appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment